Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Collie Collection


GUESS YOU COULD say we have a collection of Collies. Is that how you discribe a collection of them? Like a gaggle of geese? A murder of crows?  We have one color of each except white. From left to right, meet Jessie, a female blue merle. In the middle there is Rusty our "Lassie," a male sable and white. There on the far right is Charger, our tri-color.

They are standing on a show dog pedestal in the dog park. I like to get them all up on it with the "place" or "up" command when we are there. Just for practise. They are not show dogs. They just spent the night at a Holiday Inn . . . hee hee.

Joining the party at The Polohouse this week.  See more delightful favorite pets at Alison's Favorites on the First!


9 comments:

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

They are lovely! Collies are so elegant looking. I've never seen a blue merle before. Charger looks a little like a scamp in this picture!

Stopping by from The Polohouse link party.

Lynette - Sweet Posy Dreams

Maria Elena said...

Beautiful dogs!

Sarah said...

What handsome dogs! Collies are a wonderful breed. ~ sarah

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

What a gorgeous group! I love collies!
My cousins had one when I was little and they
lived next door. I felt like it was ours it spent so
much time at our house! I miss "Laddie". He was a sweetie.

Thanks so much for sharing these beauties!
xox
Alison

Vanessa Mercado said...

nice pics!!! enjoyed your blog...

visit my blog!!!

http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

kisses!!!

Connie (aka LOU) said...

Debbie - Absolutely beautiful dogs!!! My sister always had tri-color collies and my older brother has a sable and white one now but the poor guy's one ear flops over. I sure hope he doesn't get ridiculed in the dog world. Everytime I visit and he comes and greets me, I forget how long their noses are. I have never seen blue merles but she is gorgeous! Anytime you want to post more pics of your "gang", I'm up for it as your new follower.

Babs said...

I had a sable and white male back in the 70s and like all collies, he was so sweet. Thanks for sharing yours...they are all gorgeous.

Anna@Directions Not Included said...

Love your collies! I have a collection of pets too - three mutts and two cats ;)

aarond said...

Love the collies. I have spent a fortune on stray dogs and cats in my lifetime but I don't begrudge any of it. And I am still rescuing. I joined as a follower of your blog. Drop by and join me too and read about Jake (the farm dog. My blog is all about farm life, decorating, cooking, and much more. Hope to see you there!