Sunday, February 26, 2012

Challenging Questions

Just browsing one of my favorite bloggers, Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, and she posted a thoughtful set of questions from Garden and Gun magazine.




I had never heard of Garden and Gun. If you haven't either, do look them up. It's like Southern Living magazine on steriods.


From an artcle in Garden and Gun about restoring a cabin.

As I read Susan's answers it occurred to me how insightful the questions were. So I decided, like Susan, to answer them for myself. Here they are below, then I'll post a list of just the questions for you. Beware: these are thought-provoking!

I would love to hear from you!


1. Favorite Cocktail: 
Pina Colada (before I quit alcohol because of the empty calories!)

2. Favorite Getaway:
Key West or Savannah (Susan at Between Naps on The Porch will enjoy hearing this!)

3. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be?
St. Francis of Assisi

4. Daydream of the moment?
Show off my Collies in obedience rallies

5. Your personality in one word?
Firey

6. Are you more garden or gun?
Garden

7. If you were road-tripping, what's the one album you'd take with you?
The boss - Born in the USA - great road songs

8. What are you reading?
Some no-account murder fiction. I'm working my way through all of John Sanford's PREY books. Am currently reading Invisible Prey

9. What do you want to do when you grow up?
I wanna be a rock star

10. What is your greatest extravagance?  Guilty Pleasure?
My pets

11. Favorite Southern Food?
OMG my family won't be surprised by this:  fresh creamed squash

12. Most treasured possession?
A very old ring my mother-in-law got from her mother and gave to my husband that I now wear

13. Favorite Southern name?
My middle name: Marie

14. What talent would you most like to have?
Read music

15. What's your current state of mind?
Cautiously hopeful



OK here is your list:

1. Favorite Cocktail:
2. Favorite Getaway:
3. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be?
4. Daydream of the moment:?
5. Your personality in one word?
6. Are you more garden or gun?  .
7. If you were road-tripping, what's the one album you'd take with you?
8. What are you reading?
9. What do you want to do when you grow up?
10. What is your greatest extravagance?  Guilty Pleasure?
11. Favorite Southern Food?
12. Most treasured possession?
13. Favorite Southern name?
14. What talent would you most like to have?
15. What's your current state of mind?

Aren't these questions unique? They kind of re-center you and make you think of what is important to you.  Anyway, leave your answers in a comment or link back to me if you post yours on your blog.

2 comments:

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Debbie, isn't that the truth...they do kind of re-center you. I'm not very introspective so it made me stop and think. I love the rock star answer! :) Ummm, creamed squash....love it, too! I bet Paula is serving some of that up today in Savannah. ;)

Debbie O said...

Here are Jane's answers to the questions.

Debbie, OK here is your list:

1. Favorite Cocktail: Margarita. Or nice chilly glass of pinot grigio
2. Favorite Getaway: Kayaking on a lake on a beautiful day for a short one, Desert near Moab UT or pretty much any off-season low country beach. (Can you tell I have problems limiting myself to one answer?)
3. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be? Living? Barack Obama. No longer living, I agree with you on St Francis of Assisi.
4. Daydream of the moment:? Seriously write my book on balancing suburban regular living with putting your ideals into action and making time for nature
5. Your personality in one word? Zolza
6. Are you more garden or gun? Gun (hahaha just kidding, garden).
7. If you were road-tripping, what's the one album you'd take with you? U2, the Joshua Tree
8. What are you reading? Dan Brown, Digital Fortress
9. What do you want to do when you grow up? Veterinarian working with lions in Africa, Astronaut (preferably first woman on the moon) or Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback.
10. What is your greatest extravagance? The house Guilty Pleasure? Snuggling in bed with the pets on a lazy sunday reading instead of doing something productive
11. Favorite Southern Food? Fried Chicken
12. Most treasured possession? My grandmother's engagement ring
13. Favorite Southern name? John Boy. I don't think I ever got over my crush on John Boy Walton.
14. What talent would you most like to have? Organization and tidiness
15. What's your current state of mind? Bemused